Pages

Monday, December 6, 2010

Window Painting

In the spring, I had two separate conversations with two different friends who each randomly told me, when discussing what I should do with my life, that they saw me as a "window painter" in Seattle. What they both meant by that was not that I would be literally painting on windows (though I have), but that they could see me sitting in front of a huge window, perhaps with an ocean view, coffee in one hand, paintbrush in the other, creating away. That, my friends, is something I would love to do with my life. Art has always been a huge love of mine, but when I got to college, I felt I just wouldn't ever be able to cut it as a professional artist. So I went the "practical" route and majored in Sociology (ha, practical... clearly I'm crazy). I loved Sociology, but I have always missed art. I'm that kid who wrote every paper on art. Aboriginal art in Australia, Sociologists of art, you name it. I tried desperately to combine my interests. But now, since I am in a bit of a job slump, I have found myself window painting on a pretty regular basis just for my sanity. Here are two of my most recent pieces...


These are both 10x10 inches, acrylic on canvas. I love them; I think they're super fun. They could be displayed separately, perhaps in an entry way, on a small wall, in a nursery... The options are endless. And since a friend has been urging me to start selling my work... they could be yours! That's right, people, I am done hoarding my artwork for myself. $40 will get you one, or $60 for both. Christmas presents, anyone?? Email me at katiestrickland2@gmail.com if you want in on these lovelies. And of course, I can always do something different, or in different colors, whatever! Just ask.

No comments:

Post a Comment