Pages

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Sneaky like the Chameleon

Hola, friends.
Every once in a while I catch flack for not contributing to this blog often enough, so I am now letting you in on a little more of my view of life here in Seattle.
I have much fewer classes this quarter, and spend a lot of time in the lab/office where I just read papers and run an occasional experiment as I try to figure out what exactly I'm doing. Like today, I did what's called "mini-prep" for plasmid DNA on someone else's project, just so I could learn the technique. So that was kinda fun, learned about some DNA sequencing, and what not.
Meanwhile, I tested the results of my first quantum dot synthesis on monday, and they were pretty bad. Not BAD, but not good like we want them to be. (They aren't nearly bright enough.)
Ummm, Katie and I are pretty sure we picked a wedding date, so now
we have to make sure we can get it all going for that day. (Not to mention now it's for real. Something about a date just makes it more serious.)
Also, I got a new coat. It's gray. And wool.
Ooh, we went to Mars Hill Church this last week, and that was an... intriguing experience. We heard some great quotes. Had some interesting questions raised to us. And raised some of our own. Check out Mark Drischoll if you are interested in why we were so fascinated by that morning. Anyways, it gave us a lot to talk about that day. So we enjoyed it. And the ice cream people were back at the market! Yahtzee!
Well I'm about tired out of this. So...be free.

No comments:

Post a Comment