Pages

Saturday, March 5, 2011

Sunny Day = Zoo Day

Today was unexpectedly beautiful. It's so nice when I open the blinds in the morning, gearing myself up to see gloom and rain, and then it's sunny! Instant happiness. Today was like that, so we went to Seattle's Woodland Park Zoo, which is about 10 minutes away from us. This zoo was a lot different from many we've been to, in that it had impressively natural habitats for the animals to live in. It wasn't elephants in a cement enclosing; the elephants have their own forest and free reign of this whole section of the zoo. It was really cool.









To make this day even better, we stopped at a produce stand on the way home that's right near our apartment, but we've never been. The 39 cent grapefruit signs lured me in, and we discovered a wonderful produce haven. $13 later, our lives have been greatly enhanced by the most delicious strawberries and blueberries I have ever eaten, avocados, and grapefruit. Yum yum. I love our city. But then the guy at Starbucks gave me a vanilla latte instead of a caffe latte. Sadness.

No comments:

Post a Comment