Pages

Sunday, October 10, 2010

AH! I'm old!

Ahhhh... this week was my birthday. And ok, I'm not really that old, but I feel more and more like a "real" adult every year. Weird. Anyway, it was a good birthday week! Brian and I discovered a really great Thai restaurant in our own neighborhood, which is just a fantastical discovery. I also made a chocolate cake that is so rich we haven't really eaten much of it. That might have to go in the freezer. Yesterday as part of extended birthday celebration we went to the Seattle aquarium, which is awesome. They have a few different tidal pool exhibits where you can touch star fish and sea anemones and stuff. It was super cool. I like hands-on things like that. They also had an octopus, which was so cool! Did you know that those things can get up to 400 pounds?! That's insane! This one wasn't nearly that big, but he was still really cool. Our favorite thing, though, was probably the sea otters. We watched them for like 20 minutes. They were so adorable and playful and fun. They have it set up really well, too, where you can see them very well and they are pretty close to you. It was super fun.

Today we went to the farmer's market again. Wonderful, again. Of course we had our traditional chocolate bars... Brian had chocolate chardonnay and I had mocha mousse. They were both fantastic. Mmmmm... I know you care a lot about that little tidbit. Oh! And I almost forgot to tell you... There were these Moorish dancers at the farmer's market today. They had bells attached to their legs and waved around sticks and cloth and were hilariously awesome. Anywho, here's some pictures from our week...
Finished and hung painting! I like it a lot.

Before the birthday dinner.

This week's flower choice. Love the dahlias.

No comments:

Post a Comment