Pages

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Edge of Seventeeeeeeeeen!

If the title didn't give it away, then maybe the font shift did. But if you didn't notice that either, then I'll make it easy on you and say that this is Brian, not Katie. And I definitely love that song.

Ok, so cool things over the last few months?
I stumbled across the site hyperboleandahalf.com, which has some really hilarious posts on it. And the real reason I mention it is because I have a bad habit of reading it while my classmates are doing homework around me. Which of course means I am crying/laughing hysterically and shaking from trying to suppress the noise while they pour over the intricacies of advanced thermodynamics and theoretical math. It's been a scene several times already. Also, my fellow students have begun to realize that I burst in to song/dance at almost any opportunity. (it was really awkward at first, but I think it's growing on them)

Funny thing #2. It's always sunny in philadelphia.
Now, if you watch just a few episodes you might not find it very funny, cuz they are definitely horrible, horrible people. But if you watch such great episodes as The Gang buys a Boat to learn some sweet dance moves, and the episode Dee is Dating a Retarded Guy, for it's amazing music when some of the guys form a band. Man, I can't tell you how many times Katie and I have started singing those songs and doing those dances around the apartment. Get ready to be rocked if you come to visit, friends.

Yesterday, Katie and I were sitting on the couch, being all cutesy or whatever. I think she was trying to snuggle or something, but I was busy trying to recite in my head the One Ring poem from LotR. As I was dredging my memory for the exact words, an amazing idea hit me. So I immediately got up and wrote down a poem (in a facebook note) that made our job as grad students like having the different rings, and we were all 'bound in the darkness' of our labs basically. I thought it was funny (and it let me daydream about being involved in the fellowship of the ring, which was the real prize of the day) and apparently so do most of my fellow students.

Well i'm heading out, cuz Katie keeps trying to tell me things while I'm rocking 80's ballads (currently Black Velvet) and writing this. So, until i get bored enough to post again folks. peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment