Pages

Friday, February 4, 2011

Craft Time

I've just decided, people, that when Brian and I have a house (long time from now) and have kids (WAY long time from now), we're going to need an official craft room or table or something designated just for arts and crafts. I mean really, people talk about what a mess their kids made on the kitchen table with their finger paints... I'm just as bad, and my previous roommates will attest to that. I pick out a spot on the floor and designate that as my "art studio." Currently, I have a spot that's right in between our desks, near the window, so I can bask in sunlight when it appears, that is my painting spot. Right this minute there is a half-finished painting sitting there with tons of paints, brushes, palettes, etc. surrounding it. Good  thing it's too cold to walk out onto the porch because we wouldn't be able to get to the door. Also, the bar on our kitchen counter (a.k.a our dinner table) is covered in a mess. An absolute mess. And it will remain there for at least two more days as I work on this guy:


My Valentines Day gift for Brian. Believe it or not, it's a tad difficult to hide a soggy Triceratops head in a 600 sq. ft. apartment. There's been progress made since I took this picture... We had some surgery earlier to take out a mid-section of the obviously disproportionate snout, and tomorrow he's going to get a hanger stuck into his head to stabilize the neck frill stuff (what is that called? I'm not an expert). And he's eventually going to get painted a crazy color, given a name, and put on our wall like a deer head. I'm pretty excited. But totally convinced that if we have kids who are into arts and crafts (which they will be, if I have anything to do with it), we're going to need a lot more room for the mess.

No comments:

Post a Comment