Pages

Saturday, April 16, 2011

The Countdown

Woah, we haven't blogged in quite awhile. Sorry about that, people. I feel like we go through periods of time where we have tons to blog about followed by times when we have absolutely nothing to say. I promise, I'll try to be better about it.

Let's see... what can I tell you? Brian has been busy with school. He's taking 1 class right now, which is (hopefully) his last actual class he will attend as a student in grad school, and after this quarter it will just be lab research and the occasional teaching assistant-ship. For those of you who may not know, Brian is in school for a PhD in Chemical Engineering. So he's a smarty pants and is working hard.

I've been busy with work! It's so good to finally be able to say that! :) I like it a lot. I have learned so much about the digital marketing world and about nonprofits. It is so different from working with Periclean Scholars in college. That experience provided me with a great basis of doing this kind of work, and now I'm seeing how such a huge, far-reaching organization does it, and that has been really exciting. It has also provided me with the chance to really evaluate what I want to do with my life and different options I want to explore. I will meet a lot of senior leaders from all over the organization soon, and I'm excited to learn about what everyone and all the departments do. I'm having a lot of fun learning about different things and being so engaged with work that, in the end, I know helps a lot of people all over the world. 

In other news, it is exactly 6 months until Brian and I get married! That is wonderful and stressful all at the same time. I can't wait for it, and at the same time, we still have SO much to do! It'll all come together though... We have a photographer and someone to marry us... That's all we really need, right? We'll feed our guests on paper plates and have a BBQ and we're good to go. I can probably scrounge up a white dress, we'll text all the guests directions... Good, right? Haha, if only. That's okay. It's been crazy trying to pull this thing together, but it will happen, and it will be so very fun.

Today as a celebration of 6 months until our wedding, Brian took me on a picnic to the beach, and he surprised me with some of our friends who showed up to picnic with us! It was grand. I wish the weather had been better better, but the sailboats were out, and that is something about which I cannot find any reason to complain. Oh, and someone had THE cutest little puppy. I wish I had gotten a picture of it. It was roughly the size of a football and looked like a teddy bear. Seriously, I need one.


PS- Can you believe there are normally mountains on the other side of this little sound? This is what we mean when we say that mountains disappear around here... Literally one day it looks like this and the next, you can see the most majestic Olympic mountain range in all its snow-capped shimmering glory. We decided today that the mountains just migrate south for the winter. Those tricky beasts.

No comments:

Post a Comment