Pages

Thursday, August 26, 2010

Wolf Day

Ahhh... to be out of the car... It's a glorious thing.
Today we experienced some extremely odd scenery changes. We started off North of Denver, where it was still pretty flat, headed into the Rockies, and then came out into canyonlands/desert, where we are now.
On our drive today we stopped in Vail, which was cool, but expensive. Much to my chagrin, the ride up the mountain was $22 per person (!) so we did not do that. Alas, I shall go up a mountain another day. We did, however, take a break from being in the car and walk around Vail. I must say, I felt the altitude. We were about 10,000 ft above sea level, and my sea level body was not handling it very well. Brian drove a lot today because of me not feeling well. What a trooper.
Oh, exciting thing of the day (that I am sure Brian will tell you more about)! We petted a timber wolf! Seriously. It was awesome.
And we're adding a photo album, so hopefully it will work. Check it out.

-Katie

 Today had some serious ups and downs. That road out of Denver was really rough on katie's car, and driving a car thats in pain is no cupcake either.  But I'm gonna' quit boring you with that sobstory, and get to the important part, wolves. Or more accurately, a wolf. A timberwolf. A domesticated timberwolf. This thing was huge. Like a husky mixed with a lion. It was brown/gray and freaking badass. This guy apparently raises and trains them as pets, which is also super badass. It takes twice the attention to training that dogs do, according to the aforementioned man. But results in exponentially greater cool factor according to every man alive or dead or yet to be born. Also, it was fluffy. According to Katie, "It was so fluffy I could die!!!" Man, I will have a pet wolf in my lifetime now. It is for real folks.
That's really all I cared about today. so....

Brian

1 comment: