Pages

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

WE MADE IT!!!

Yup, that's right, I'm sitting here typing this post in Seattle! Over 2,800 miles, 7 days, 9 states, visits with friends and family, tons of Brain Quest questions, and quite a few cups of coffee later, we have arrived in our new home. When we rolled in it was 57 degrees and rainy. Haha, awesome.
It's kinda funny, I was reminded of the feeling I had when I got to Ghana. Weird, you know, to compare Ghana and Seattle, but it's the whole personal journey thing. When we entered the city through the tunnel titled "Seattle-the Portal to the Pacific" I had such an odd emotional coctail going on-- extreme excitement combined with a bit of anxiety, nervousness, and doubt. Will we Southerners fit in in the big Northwestern city? Will we find a home soon? Will I find a job I like? Will I be able to handle the cold drizzle for the next 5 years?! AH!
BUT, don't worry about me, folks, I like the whole stepping out of my comfort zone thing. It'll take us awhile to get settled, I am sure, and to figure things out, but we'll be just fine. It's nice to have Brian. At least I have someone to be homeless with ;)
I'll try to get pictures up soon, but our hotel wireless is not the best quality, so I'll keep you posted on that one.

Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment