Pages

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Home Sweet Home...

Hello, all! I'm very pleased to tell you that we officially have a home! Hooray! We moved in this morning, and it is just lovely. Granted, we have only one piece of furniture and almost no belongings, but that will soon be fixed! We are in a very cute 681 sq. foot apartment in a very lovely neighborhood. We are right on a park, a block from a library, and two blocks from the main strip that has tons of tasty restaurants, coffee shops, cute stores, etc. We think this will be a very happy place to live.
It was pretty funny as Brian was unpacking his electronics and I was unpacking my Africa stuff... we are quite different in some ways. Alas.
Also, I learned some thing else today... I never want to go back to Wal mart again. No, sir. We braved one today just to spend a gift card, and it's just not going to happen again for me. What a stressful, unorganized experience.
Fun fact: in Seattle it is apparently illegal to not recycle. And that means all paper, plastics, etc. We are hoping to produce very little trash this year and be more green. Here's hoping.
And finally, in our hotel boredom the past few days, we watched the documentary "No Impact Man." If you haven't watched it, you should. It's a very thought-provoking story about a man who decided he and his family would live making no impact on the planet for one year. It made me really think about what I consume and what I carelessly toss into the trash, which in turn affects a lot of people and communities down the road. You should go watch it. That is all!

No comments:

Post a Comment