Pages

Sunday, September 26, 2010

Why we love Sundays

Sundays are wonderful here. I love them. Why, you ask? Good question. Really the biggest reason I love them is because Sunday means Farmer's Market, just a hop skip and a jump away from our apartment. I will explain through photos...


Dogs are everywhere at the market. All shapes and sizes. These were two HUGE Newfoundlands who were playing with each other. The one on the right had an owner who probably weighed just as much as he did. She was struggling to keep the leash.


Check out this ice cream bar. The first week we discovered this little stand at the end that sells home-made ice cream hand-dipped in delicious chocolate. We've been hooked, and it has become our Sunday treat (after, of course, buying and devouring some pesto pasta from some very nice Italian men). Brian really enjoys the chocolate mint. Last week I had mine with raspberry ice cream, but went with the espresso this week, and boy, oh boy, I'm not sure I'm going to be able to branch out from that. Deeeeeelicious.
And another reason... I'm a sucker for flowers. This beautiful bunch cost me $5, people. Amazing. I split them up into 3 different vases and they cheer up our apartment quite a bit.
Walking home... this is the little park next to our building (which is the building in the picture). It's a cute park. On sunny days it's filled with little children and parents playing in the water fountains. We also frequently see tons of cute dogs there.

And this is when Brian became my paparazzi for the day. Walking up to our 5th floor apartment... figured we'd try to work off that pasta and ice cream.


 That was our Sunday so far. Now to skype with some friends, call home, start a painting, and read a book. Maybe even catch some 24. If you've never seen that show, we're on season 5 and it's fantastic. OH, P.S., this is totally random, but last night we were sitting here after watching 24 (see the train of thought?), we started hearing a guy singing in our courtyard. We were like, what on earth? We look down to see tons of people dressed in formal wear listening to this guy on the keyboard. I stood there and watched/listened for a minute, and then saw a very white dress! It was a wedding. In our apartment courtyard. It was hilarious, because you could see the silhouettes of all the people in our building and the building across the street who were being nosy like me. I sure hope I made it into the background of some of their photos ;) Hope ya'll have a lovely Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment