Pages

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

First day in the big city

Today was pretty successful!
First of all, we were blessed with a beautiful day weather-wise! Thank goodness. Yesterday's rainy mess had me worried. It was gorgeous. I even saw the Cascades and Mt. Ranier, which yesterday was greatly shielded by the fog. Also, Mom, you'll be happy to hear that sailboating seems pretty big here in Lake Washington and Lake Union. Lots and lots of sailboats.
Today we let ourselves sleep in a little, catch up after the drive, you know? Then we were off to the West (haha, I'm noticing a west-ward trend happening in our lives), where we spent most of the afternoon in a neighborhood called Ballard. We looked at a few apartments there, and even found one we really liked! We might be signing a lease soon, and maybe even in a home by this weekend! Hoorah! It's a cute little neighborhood, right on the water (but I guess most places are here). On the main strip there are tons of coffee shops, restaurants and pubs. There is a grocery store in the bottom floor of the building we might live in. It seems just lovely. So that's that. It was nice to park and just walk around. I'm hoping I won't be driving much.
After we did our Ballard stuff, we took a bus into downtown, where we met up with an Elon friend of mine who has found her way here as well and her boyfriend and a friend of hers from high school who is visiting. We went to Pike Place Market, saw the famous fish throwers and wandered around. And oh my goodness, can we talk about flowers?! There are flowers everywhere. I'm talking a GIANT boquet of dahlias, sunflowers, and other pretty things for $5 or $10! Holy smokes. I'm always going to have fresh flowers at our place. So excited.
All in all, it was a successful first day! Maybe found a place to live, survived driving in city traffic, and confirmed that we do, in fact, know some people in this big ole city.
That's all folks. And seriously, I promise, I'll go work on uploading pictures now. I know you've been waiting anxiously hitting the refresh button hoping they'd be put up.

No comments:

Post a Comment